Re: Unlogged vs. In-Memory - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Unlogged vs. In-Memory
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Excerpts from Simon Riggs's message of mié may 04 12:30:03 -0300 2011:
> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > To make PG do it automatically, we'd need to store the _init forks in
> > a different tablespace from the remaining forks.  That's probably
> > possible, but it seems complicated.
>
> Sounds much better way actually and also quite easy. All we do is keep
> the init forks in a subdirectory that identifies the tablespace they
> relate to.

Is there a way to "update" the init fork after table creation?  If so,
you could periodically copy stuff from the current contents (main fork)
into the init fork; or update the init fork with some command (think
UPDATE or COPY).

(Why is this in -advocacy?)