Re: Prefered Types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Prefered Types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Зотов Роман's message of lun abr 11 17:39:32 -0300 2011:

> I send full patch, prev patch could be not so full, because i didn`t
> knew how does it build. (too many generated files)
> now i think it work. now it doesn`t change defaults and not change
> syntax to use prefered.
> I just change it by "update pg_type ..."
> this feature can be modified now.

I had a brief look at this patch, updating it to current HEAD past some
pgindent conflicts.  It seems sane, but as Zotov says, it doesn't do
anything yet: it only changes typispreferred from bool to int.  I'm
attaching it for the benefit of those interested.

The interesting discussion is what happens next.  To me, this is all
related to this previous discussion:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-09/msg00232.php

Attachment