Re: Weird WAL problem - 9.0.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rafael Martinez
Subject Re: Weird WAL problem - 9.0.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 06:28 -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:09:25 am Rafael Martinez wrote:

> Might want to take a look at:

[......]
>  sequence). If, due to a short-term peak of log output rate, there are
> more than 3 * checkpoint_segments + 1 segment files, the unneeded
> segment files will be deleted instead of recycled until the system
> gets back under this limit."

Thank you.

This explains the number of WAL files generated, I was not aware of the
(3*checkpoint_segments + 1) limit (I will RTBM better next time)

But this doesn't explain the WAL files not been created/recycled
time-ordered. I wonder if this happened because the partition got full
while the WALs were created/recycled?

regards,
--
Rafael Martinez Guerrero