Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 14:26 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:

> >> Or else we should close the CommitFest and cut alpha4.  Anyone have an
> >> opinion on which way to go?
> >
> > I think we can give Sync Rep until the 15th, given the pace of work on
> > it.  It is a major feature, and a complicated one.
>
> Sure, but there are other features, major and minor, that we have
> postponed to 9.2.  In the normal course of events, sync rep would have
> been marked Returned with Feedback a month ago.  I like the feature,
> but I have to say I'm not very pleased that we seem to have fallen
> into a pattern of believing that some major features are somehow
> exempted from the scheduling deadline and others are not.

Neither am I, I mean, we were actively fixing and bringing Fk-Locks up
to date and we got pushed but sync rep gets in? We may have had fk-locks
baked by now. I want syncrep as much as the next person, but this isn't
really fair to any of the other submitters.

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor