Re: RFC: Hosting mailing lists of 3rd party projects - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: RFC: Hosting mailing lists of 3rd party projects
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 23:27 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > ... hey, but then, I think Mailman has an option to not do the pipermail
> > stuff and just stash the archives in mboxes just like Majordomo.  That
> > would let us handle both things together.  If that really works, maybe
> > the archive part wouldn't be that problematic after all.  (But I'm not
> > gonna moderate any Mailman crap.)
>
> My experience with Mailman is exactly that also ... it is great for the
> end user, but crap from an admin side fo things, especially if you want to
> do sstuff from the command line ...'

That isn't my experience at all. I can do anything from the command
line, from templates, to archive management, to manual subscription
etc... and we (CMD) have hundreds of mailman lists.

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor