Re: Looking for Suggestion on Learning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: Looking for Suggestion on Learning
Date
List pgsql-general
Le dimanche 06 février 2011 à 12:27 -0500, Matt a écrit :

> On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 11:14 AM, ray joseph <ray@aarden.us> wrote:
>         Matt,

>         When you hand code SQL with Notepad++, how do you launch the
>         code?
>

> There are several ways to launch the code.  I use the PHPPGAdmin and
> load the file into the GUI and launch it that way.

In psql, you type :

\i path/to/file/with/sql

and it will play your code.

There was a recent thread with a question similar to yours, have a look
at it :

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Basic-Tutorials-for-9-0-td3259760.html

--
Vincent Veyron