Re: [HACKERS] Seeking Mentors for Funded Reviewers - Mailing list pgsql-rrreviewers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Seeking Mentors for Funded Reviewers
Date
List pgsql-rrreviewers
> > However, having a mentee begin work early in the 9.2 commit-fest cycle
> > might be advantageous.  I imagine that there is less pressure to review
> > all of the patches in the early commit-fests.  Perhaps this will give
> > prospective mentors the ablility to spend more time with mentee's.
>
> For 9.1, what about doing a bug-finding bounty when we get into the 9.1
> beta cycle?  Mozilla has been using bug bounties and they've been
> surprisingly successful.

Many people are contributing patches for free. Will those people get
paid to fix their own bugs? I guess they might well be better at finding
and fixing them than others, so it is an interesting question.

--
 Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/