Re: REVIEW: ALTER TABLE ... ADD FOREIGN KEY ... NOT ENFORCED - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: REVIEW: ALTER TABLE ... ADD FOREIGN KEY ... NOT ENFORCED
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 20:33 +0200, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:
> >> \d table now only shows that there's a FOREIGN KEY, which might lead the
> >> user to think that there should not be any values that don't exist in
> >> the referenced table.
>
> > Neither \d nor \di shows invalid indexes.
>
> Even if that were true, it's a poor analogy, since a disabled foreign
> key has visible *semantic* impact, whereas a disabled index doesn't.

Sure. My agreement to add something appears to have crossed with your
comments.

I'd appreciate you reviewing the parser aspects of the patch. $TITLE no
longer reflects the syntax.

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services