Re: ALTER TABLE ... REPLACE WITH - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE ... REPLACE WITH
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 21:01 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> > I think Simon was referring to the proof-of-concept sketch I had included with
> > my review.
>
> I think it's a bit late to be turning proofs-of-concept into code at
> this point, no matter who came up with them.

Noah's patch is trivial, as are the changes to make mine work fully.
Neither can be achieved barring sensible review.

This topic delivers important functionality. I think it's more important
than simply who gets the credit.

I'm not sure yet where to go, but we have viable options yet for this
release.

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services