Re: contrib/dbmirror - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: contrib/dbmirror
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I am not sure we should be removing /contrib stuff during beta, though I
> understand the idea that gborg would be a better place for it.  How do
> others feel?

We had agreed to try to relicense or remove all GPL-licensed contrib
items, so that the distribution would have one uniform BSD license.
I take the blame for not doing anything about that in the past cycle,
but AFAIK that is still the agreed-to plan.

In view of that, Peter is quite right to object to adding a new
GPL-licensed contrib item in 7.3; it's going in the wrong direction.

I think the ideal solution would be for the dbmirror author(s) to agree
to relicense it as BSD.  If no go, then push it over to gborg.

            regards, tom lane