Re: Quoting of psql \d output - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Quoting of psql \d output
Date
Re: Quoting of psql \d output  ("Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-patches
"Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
> While I don't really agree that this is a problem, better solutions would
> be to not quote the thing at all or write something like Table "%s"
> (Schema "%s").  However, the message style guidelines are very clear on
> this point, and before we deviate I'd like to see an adjusted proposal.

As Bruce pointed out, this isn't really a message; it's just a column
heading, and so it's not clear that the message style guidelines apply.

I kinda like the idea of not quoting it at all, actually, since that is
a far simpler solution.

            regards, tom lane