Re: Counting boolean values (how many true, how many false) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From maarten
Subject Re: Counting boolean values (how many true, how many false)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

sum doesn't like booleans, but it does like integers so:
sum(boolval::int) solves that problem for you.

SELECT id,sum(good::int + fair::int + nice::int) would get you a total
of the three for each row

good luck,
Maarten