Re: Bug #928: server_min_messages (log_min_messages in CVS) have PGC_USERSET GucContext - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug #928: server_min_messages (log_min_messages in CVS) have PGC_USERSET GucContext
Date
List pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> In src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c "server_min_messages"
> ("log_min_messages" in CVS)configuration option have PGC_USERSET
> GucContext. I think that it is not good idea that user can
> change server log details level. I suggest change GucContext in
> this case on PGC_SIGHUP.

PGC_SUSET would be appropriate if we think that there's really a security
issue here.  But ISTM this was already considered when the present setup
was designed, and we deliberately chose USERSET.  Bruce, do you remember
what the reasoning was?

            regards, tom lane