Re: PG 9.0 and standard_conforming_strings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PG 9.0 and standard_conforming_strings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Well, since I asked in April of 2009, at the beginning of the cycle, 6
> years after the introduction of the variable, and we still are not doing
> it, then let's stop pretending we will ever do it.

We have made forward progress since that thread (we fixed the plpgsql
parsing issues, partially in 8.4 and completely for 9.0).  We can
continue to make forward progress in the future.  But *right now is not
the time*.  We have more than enough on our plates for 9.0 already, and
just about nobody believes we are going to meet the schedule now.