Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 05/16/2013 05:41 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
>> And VPATH building of extension is crucially important for me, as the
>> easiest way I've found to build and package a given extension against
>> all currently supported version of PostgreSQL.

> Is there documented support for VPATH builds?

The core code certainly builds okay in VPATH mode, and I would agree
with Dimitri that pgxs builds should as well.  But this is more of an
autoconf+make feature than ours, so I'm not sure why you'd expect us
to document it.

Having said that, if a particular extension's makefile contains features
that cause it to not build VPATH, then presumably that extension's
author doesn't care.