Re: hot standby documentation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: hot standby documentation
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 14:24 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> Fixed.  See attached.

I started reading this but by chunk seven I only agree with a couple of
these changes. None of them seem hugely important changes.

I'd suggest you make a pass of copy editing that doesn't seek to alter
the meanings or add information, so we can agree without discussing each
proposed change in detail. Definitely don't remove information.

It's not impossible to believe that temp tables could be written in the
future, so I disagree with the comments there.

We could also allow SELECT ... FOR SHARE during Hot Standby, simply by
making it same as normal SELECT, without any ill effects.