Re: New PGXN Extension site - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: New PGXN Extension site
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 14:16 -0700, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2010, at 2:06 PM, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
>
> > One issue that will come up: this is clearly a more commercial
> > enterprise than Jarkko's CPAN (and the internet is a different place
> > than it was in 1995) You pushed money right to the front with this, so
> > that will lead to certain questions concerning ownership of what
> > arguably should be community resources: the IP of the aggregate index,
> > for example.
> >
> > I'm a big believer in JFDI as well - just be aware that toes will get
> > stepped on, and require some bandages.
>
> I have bandages. And a machete. ;-P
>
> Seriously, it's not commercial. I really want to do it and I can't really afford to do it in my meager spare time.
Thosewith sore toes will be asked to wait and see.

To help alleviate some of the "commercial" fears, I would suggest an
entry in the FAQ for the project that states the following:

Where the source code will be hosted (for the project itself)
What license it will be released under

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

P.S. If you can monetize this, go for it.

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor