Re: warning message in standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: warning message in standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 09:57 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > When an error is found in the WAL streamed from the master, a
> warning
> > message is repeated without interval forever in the standby. This
> > consumes CPU load very much, and would interfere with read-only
> queries.
> > To fix this problem, we should add a sleep into
> emode_for_corrupt_record()
> > or somewhere? Or we should stop walreceiver and retry to read WAL
> from
> > pg_xlog or the archive?
>
> I ran into this problem at one point, too, but was in the middle of
> trying to investigate a different bug and didn't have time to track
> down what was causing it.

So you saw a bug, but didn't report it? Why was that?

I find it amazing that such an obvious problem wasn't covered in
testing, nor do we have a clear plan in the design for handling it.

How many other things are known about but not reported?

If anybody has bugs, report them now.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services