Re: /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432 should be 5433 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432 should be 5433
Date
List pgsql-admin
> your suggested procedure seems sound ... in a pre-systemd world.  I am
> not familiar with systemd enough to know what, if anything, should be
> done differently there (I don't know whether RHEL 7.2 is systemd or
> not).

RHEL7 is systemd.  It's been several years since I touched those packages,
but I have some vague recollection that the systemd unit files for PG
insist on setting the port for themselves, overriding whatever you might
put into postgresql.conf.  So you'd need to make a second unit file and
adjust the port setting in it.

            regards, tom lane