Re: Replication server timeout patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Replication server timeout patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> Should we use COMMERROR instead of ERROR if we fail to put the socket in the
>> right mode?

> Maybe.

COMMERROR exists to keep us from trying to send an error report down a
failed socket.  I would assume (perhaps wrongly) that
walsender/walreceiver don't try to push error reports across the socket
anyway, only to the postmaster log.  If correct, there is no need for
COMMERROR, and using it just muddies the code.