Re: Allow wal_keep_segments to keep all segments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Allow wal_keep_segments to keep all segments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of jue jun 03 08:36:28 -0400 2010:

> Using this only temporarily is mentioned in the doc patch.  Do I need
> more?

Yeah, it's far too easy to miss.  Besides, I think the wording you used
is ambiguous -- it can be read as "the server will temporarily keep all
segments if you set it to -1", which is not the same thing at all.  If
you can't add a 20-point-font red blinking warning with a pink dancing
elephant in a tutu, maybe it's best to not offer the dangerous setting
in the first place.