Re: Londiste - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From alvherre
Subject Re: Londiste
Date
List pgsql-docs
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mié may 26 15:56:45 -0400 2010:

> > That is an excellent idea, not only for replication, but there are
> > probably other wiki pages that we should link to from our main docs.  I
> > will go through the wiki, find appropriate pages, and add links from our
> > docs.
>
> I don't know that I'm eager to link from our docs to the wiki.  That
> seems likely to lead to maintenance headaches.  But on the other hand,
> I see no problem mentioning third-party products that are part of the
> PG ecosystem.

I don't think we should be adding hundreds of wiki links to the docs,
but if it's just half a dozen, I think it's a good idea.  Those pages
have already undergone a lot of revision and they are unlikely to go
away.  We already have links to pages in external sites and they do
cause some pain, but it's not much and this is only every two years or so.

Keep in mind that pages in the Wiki are going to be replaced by a
redirect page if they ever get renamed, for example.  It's highly
unlikely that they are going to disappear completely.