Fwd: Re[2]: We all are looped on Internet: request+transport = invariant - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dmitry Turin
Subject Fwd: Re[2]: We all are looped on Internet: request+transport = invariant
Date
List pgsql-sql
Good day, Bart.

> I'll continue with the analogy

Let's suppose, that you want to compare rational and hierarchical
DBMS instead of discussion about removing gaskets
(by the way, hierarchical DBMS also need gasket between itself and
external world).
Because TML should integrated inside rational DBMS,
I think, this comparison is useful too.

First, let's accept convention to not use metaphore.
It would be better, if we compare concrete details.

Bart, under your influence i want to download and
try hierarchical DBMS, which you list
(Adabas, GT.M., IMS, DMSII, Focus, Metakit).
That is so much important,
because my wish to add TML to PG is growing :)

Excuse me, Bart, our institution use only OS "Windows",
thus at first stage let conduct comparison between TML and
hierarchical DBMS only for "Windows".

Several revisions:
1. "Adabas" is this
http://www.softwareag.com/Corporate/products/adabas/download/default.asp
(ada51.zip, 31Mb)?
2. "GT.M" exists only form Unix-like OS.
3. "IMS, DMSII, Focus" - i don't find link to download
4. "Metakit" is this
http://www.softlookup.com/download.asp?id=6904
(metakit-2.01.tar.gz, 607 Kb).
Our users consider, that it is no database in general.
I agree with them.

Are you agree to make comparison in discussion with me?

Dmitry Turin
http://html6.by.ru
http://sql4.by.ru
http://computer2.by.ru