Re: BUG #17333: pgdg postgresql-common pg_upgradecluster duplicate data_directory in configuration file - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Eric Meygret
Subject Re: BUG #17333: pgdg postgresql-common pg_upgradecluster duplicate data_directory in configuration file
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17333: pgdg postgresql-common pg_upgradecluster duplicate data_directory in configuration file  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
>> That script isn’t part of the core project so this list may not be the best place to report complaints.
sorry I was thinking that you mange also pgdg repository, where I can report that, I am afraid that to have same answer
bythe Debian team?

>> Doing testing on in a test environment first is another useful exercise.
That was on a test environnement :)

>> If you are going to go do customizations the fact that the scripts that are built without those customizations in
mindfail to work properly isn’t a bug. I’d suggest you simply use the pg_upgrade tool directly if you don’t like (or
adhereto) the assumptions built into the distro-specific scripts.
I like this tools, but I don't think that it is a choice to not follow "your" assumptions(I mean ignore first value),
especiallyif it could lead to the deletion of data, but maybe I wrong.

thanks for your answer.
Eric