Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql
Date
Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm not convinced that we should start adding syntax helpers like that
> to psql. For now it is an arbitrary subset of MySQL stuff, are we going
> to add oracle/db2/mssql/drizzle/mariadb and whatnot later on?
> Also I can already see people asking "well you already know that this is
> that command - why not emulate it fully?".

Good points. However, it only takes effect in interactive mode, so I
don't see it as a promise to do much. I'll make an analogy to:
 $ git difff git: 'difff' is not a git-command. See 'git --help'.
 Did you mean this?         diff

Regards,Jeff Davis