Re: Cancelling idle in transaction state - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Cancelling idle in transaction state
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-01-01 at 09:24 -0800, Robert Haas wrote:

> >> If we have other events that can asynchronously roll back a
> >> transaction, I would think they would deserve similar handling.  Off
> >> the top of my head, I'm not sure if there are any such cases.
> >
> > Serialization failures, deadlocks, timeouts, SIGINT, out of memory
> > errors etc..
>
> Hmm. I don't think I can get a serialization failure, deadlock, or out
> of memory error while my session is idle.

Agreed. As a point of note, now that we can cancel idle transactions
there isn't any future blocker from making serialization failures or
deadlocks cancel such transactions... Other RDBMS have deadlock
detectors that can pick any session to resolve, not just the one doing
the deadlock checking.