Re: Turkish downcasting in PL/pgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Turkish downcasting in PL/pgSQL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
ntufar <ntufar@pisem.net> writes:
> I attached a diff of fix that adds LANG=C; before call to $(FLEX).
> Fixes the problem here but I don't know if adding environment variable
> assignment like this is appropriate. I am not too fluent in PostgreSQL
> build environment and do not know where one can put a global deffinition
> you are talking below.

Um, the attachment was unreadable :-( but I get the idea.

As for the global solution, I was wondering if it would work to put
"LANG=C" right inside the definition of $(FLEX).  That would ensure
the right behavior from all our flex builds without unnecessarily
messing up people's build environments otherwise.  I don't know however
whether this would parse properly.

            regards, tom lane