Re: Request: Revive the security-specific section - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Request: Revive the security-specific section
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 5/2/18 18:59, Ian Maddox wrote:
> Google Cloud Blog recently published a guide on securing DBs in the
> cloud
> <https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2018/04/best-practices-for-securing-your-Google-Cloud-databases.html>
> and tried to link to your latest docs on hardening Postgres, but all we
> could find is this doc from version 7
> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.0/static/security.htm>.

That seems of dubious use.  More than half the information on that page
is no longer applicable.

> It appears> that the knowledge from that page has been redistributed
across the
> manual in versions 8+, making it difficult to point to a single
> authoritative resource. I'm writing to request that a single section on
> security be revived in a future revision of the manual.

I see where you are coming from.  However, I think security concerns
exist in every aspect of the system.  So as a user when I'm dealing with
operating system integration, or schema design, or backups, or
replication, or monitoring, etc., then I want to know about the security
concerns on that subject.