Re: Hot Standby, release candidate? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Hot Standby, release candidate?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2009-12-14 at 08:54 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Wednesday because that seemed a good delay to allow review. Josh and I
> had discussed the value of getting patch into Alpha3, so that was my
> wish and aim.
>
> I'm not aware of any particular date for end of commitfest, though
> possibly you are about to update me on that?

Commit fests for 8.5 have usually run from the 15th to the 15th of next
month, but the CF manager may choose to vary that.

FWIW, the alpha release manager may also vary the release timeline of
alpha3. ;-)

> (Perhaps we really need a single Project Management page that lists all
> the dates that have been agreed, so that everybody can go there and be
> clear. Commitfest start and end dates, beta dates, de-support dates etc.
> BTW, it is absolutely brilliant that we have these now.)

We had
<http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.4_Development_Plan>, but I
don't think we ever actually agreed on a schedule for 8.5.