Re: 7.1.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.1.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Is there anything in the v7.1.x BRANCH that warrants a v7.1.4 release?

According to CVS, the *only* stuff in the 7.1 branch since 7.1.3 is

* src/: backend/executor/nodeTidscan.c, include/nodes/execnodes.h(REL7_1_STABLE): Keep the contents of TIDs not the
pointers. Tidscan has been broken for 7.1.

* src/backend/storage/lmgr/proc.c (REL7_1_STABLE): Back-patchdeadlock recovery fix into 7.1 tree, in case someone needs
it.

The deadlock-recovery fix is somewhat interesting, but I hardly think it
warrants a 7.1.4.

There are other fixes in current sources that perhaps could be
back-patched if we wanted to expend the time to do it.  I don't...