Re: Hot standby and removing VACUUM FULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Hot standby and removing VACUUM FULL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 20:20 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> That causes some headaches for Hot Standby

I say leave HS as it is and we can clean up when we do the VFectomy.

It isn't really a headache, the code works easily enough. I agree its
ugly and it should eventually be removed.

Let's not make this any harder, or get involved with promises that we
may not be able to keep. I'd rather we had HS + SR than HS - VF for
example. VF is ugly but it isn't a priority.