Re: next CommitFest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: next CommitFest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 11:31 -0500, Chris Browne wrote:

> Ah, but the thing is, what was proposed wasn't "totally evilly
> draconian."
>
> There's a difference between:
>
>  "You haven't reviewed any patches - we'll ignore you forever!"
>
> and
>
>  "Since you haven't reviewed any patches, we are compelled to defer your
>   patches until the next CommitFest."
>
> It's enough pain to make people think, but it's not *totally* punitive.

It is important to remember we are all volunteers here. Any increase to
the barrier of contribution is a bad one.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander