Re: PostgreSQL function can not load dll library. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: PostgreSQL function can not load dll library.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 02:19 -0400, A.Bhattacharya@sungard.com wrote:

> I am creating a dll using MSVC 2005 and trying to call the dll from my
> Postgres function

OK, so you're creating a PostgreSQL module implementing one or more
SQL-callable functions in C. When you load it into the server with
`CREATE FUNCTION' ?

>  but unfortunately PostgreSQL is throwing an error message saying:
>

> ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/watchlist.dll": The specified module could
> not be found.

Assuming that the file is, in fact, on the path you've specified: Is it
possible that your DLL links to other DLLs that are not on the
PostgreSQL server's path? If your DLL links to another that cannot be
found, that error message is the one you'll get.

Dependency walker (depends.exe) from http://dependencywalker.com/ may
help you track that down.

--
Craig Ringer