Re: Issues for named/mixed function notation patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Issues for named/mixed function notation patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 18:23 +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> when I though about control, I found so syntax with mandatory VARIADIC
> is difficult implementable. So probably the most feasible solution for
> this moment is to discard a variadic functions from set of functions
> that are callable with named notation. So I thing we are in tune, and
> I am going to update patch.

Sounds good. I am looking at the code, and there's a part I don't
understand:

In FuncnameGetCandidates(): /*  * Wait with apply proargidxs on args. Detection ambigouos needs  * consistent args
(basedon proargs). Store proargidxs for later  * use.  */  newResult->proargidxs = proargidxs;

But after calling FuncnameGetCandidates (the only place where fargnames
is non-NIL), you immediately re-assign to best_candidate->args. What
happens between those two places, and why can't it happen in
FuncnameGetCandidates?

Also, you should consistently pass NIL when you mean an empty list, but
sometimes you pass NULL to FuncnameGetCandidates().

Regards,Jeff Davis