Re: community decision-making & 8.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: community decision-making & 8.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 12:00 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> > O.k. so the second part of this, is I feel it should contain a majority
> > of people who are not already being slammed into the ground by community
> > work. E.g; let's get some fresh blood. It is certainly important to have
> > a couple of long standing contributors involved but we have some people
> > that have cropped up recently (relatively) within our community that
> > could probably be overworked a bit more ;)
> >
> > Joshua D. Drake
> >
> > /me pokes Robert Haas and Kevin Grittner
>
> Yeah, I'm game, though I'm hoping not to become the guy who spends all
> his time doing release planning, because I like writing code, too.

Of course.

> Hopefully Selena won't mind my mentioning that she sent me a private
> email expressing some interest in this area, too.

She would definitely be a good option if she has time. I know that I
would be interested and I would like to see at least one long time
-hacker on board.

> And /me pokes Brendan Jurd.  :-)

Hah! I almost listed him. /me adds a poke to Brendan Jurd.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor