Re: Forrester: Ingres and MySQL Lead Open Source Databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Forrester: Ingres and MySQL Lead Open Source Databases
Date
Re: Forrester: Ingres and MySQL Lead Open Source Databases
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 22:19 -0500, decibel wrote:

> BTW, for those saying let's focus on the software... this is the
> *advocacy* list. You're probably looking for -hackers. :P And keep in
> mind that advocacy builds community, which builds better software.

I do not think we should stop advocating. I think we should be doing so
smartly. Dealing with Forester or any of the other shills is a waste of
energy. Let EDB deal with that.

We as a community should be focusing on recruiting -hackers and people
who are going to use the database. Django developers, Rails developers,
PostGIS etc... We don't have to (nor should we want to) give donkey spit
about business uptick. The oustide developers and companies surrounding
us will take care of that.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor