Re: Another try at reducing repeated detoast work for PostGIS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Another try at reducing repeated detoast work for PostGIS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > If so, is it possible that two similar plans for the same query might
> > perform differently due to repeated de-toasting?
>
> Hard to answer that one.  What's "similar"?

My only concern is that it's a somewhat hidden optimization (not seen in
explain output), and thus a potential performance problem might catch
someone by surprise. I don't see how that could happen with this
particular patch, but I thought I would bring it up in case someone else
does.

Regards,Jeff Davis