Re: hot standby - merged up to CVS HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: hot standby - merged up to CVS HEAD
Date
Re: hot standby - merged up to CVS HEAD  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 10:20 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Simon:  you have people offering to help with the patch.  Offering to
> help *right now*.  Might I suggest that you establish a GIT branch for
> Hot Standby so that more people can collaborate?  Working on it until
> you get it "perfect" offsite doesn't work; it's going to require
> adjustment/debugging once it gets to commitfest anyway.  Might as well
> start that now, or it'll just delay application.

Agreed, but there will be some time before that is possible. I'm happy
to commit to Sept 15 *latest* to do the above. I know what has to be
done and that's my timescale for doing it.

> Everyone Else: Simon is working hard on this, please get off his back.

Thanks, good plan.

There is absolutely no danger this patch is going to be delayed and
there is really no call for haste. I near killed myself trying to get it
into 8.4 and I would like to avoid a tension-fest this time around. We
have time and intend to take it at a reasonable pace, and spend time
thinking first, then talking later. Over and out, for now.