Re: Duplicate Events (and other stuff).. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Duplicate Events (and other stuff)..
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 20:11 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Joshua D. Drake<jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 19:50 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> >> I would say no to forks, but yes to alternate distros.
> >
> > Where does Mammoth fall as it is Open Source?
>
> Is it a fork, or an add-on like Slony? If the latter, I'd say yes, it
> should be included as it's clearly centered around 'pure' PostgreSQL.
> If the former, then, well, no.

Well I guess it depends on how you look at it. Mammoth is pure
PostgreSQL with Replication added in (meaning the only thing we add is
replication).

> I'm just one opinion though - others (including you) may disagree.

I have never been known to keep my opinion to myself :P. I was more
looking at it from the Open Source / Not Open Source perspective.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/