Re: BUG #4966: wrong password..... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: BUG #4966: wrong password.....
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 11:22 +0200, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

> Would we consider providing a documentation section explaining how to
> change pg_hba.conf to trust, reload, change password, get back to saner
> HBA if needed?
>
> This question is a such a FAQ that it deserves a place in the docs, I
> think.

Sounds like a _REALLY_ good idea to me.

I almost wonder if Pg on Windows needs a "safe mode" where it's launched
with an alternate pg_hba.conf that trusts postmaster on 127.0.0.1,
rejects *all* other logins, and doesn't listen on any external
interfaces. People seem to lose passwords a _lot_ .

Some info in the docs on changing/deleting the Pg service account might
also not be a bad idea.

--
Craig Ringer