Re: For production: 8.4 or 8.3? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: For production: 8.4 or 8.3?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 16:07 +0800, Phoenix Kiula wrote:

> Ok this discussion became too complex for me.

:-)

> I am a simple guy with a simple question: will my old data from 8.2.9,
> which does have some date/time indexes, will also work in production
> version of 8.3.7? Correct?

Basically: It will. You will need to dump/restore, that's all. Here is
the relevant part in the docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/install-upgrading.html

However, please note that there are some changes from 8.2 to 8.3 which
*may* break your application. See here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-8-3.html

Regards,
--