Re: For production: 8.4 or 8.3? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: For production: 8.4 or 8.3?
Date
List pgsql-general
> > It depends, 8.3 and 8.4 are not compatible by default (because of
> > --integer-datetimes). So, yeah if you are running Debian/Ubuntu but if
> > you are running Cent/RH with the defaults, pg_migrator isn't going to
> > work unless you compile Pg from source.
>
> Oh?  You think RH/Cent is going to change that default now?  Think again.

I thought they would get around to changing it now. That is a shame
because RH really can't be used as a production PostgreSQL server (if
date based data is important) unless you recompile or install the
--integer-datetime rpms.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org