Re: memory leak occur when disconnect database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: memory leak occur when disconnect database
Date
List pgsql-general
Sorry  for the reply-to-self, but I thought I'd take ecpg out of the
equation:

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <pwd.h>
int main()
{
    struct passwd p;
    struct passwd * r;
    char buf[500];
    getpwuid_r(1000, &p, &buf[0], 500, &r);
}

... produces the same leak report.

Since you didn't include information like the actual errors from
valgrind, I can't be sure that the report you are getting is the same as
the one I am getting. It could be that in your older version there _is_
something wrong. Perhaps you could post the output of running

  valgrind --leak-check=full ./testprogram

just to be sure?

--
Craig Ringer