Re: Advertising standards WAS: Vote on Windows ... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Advertising standards WAS: Vote on Windows ...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 11:20 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 7/11/09 8:30 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > I would ask you now why it is that we should act to remove a company's
> > links on the training pages, yet do nothing to remove EDB's links on the
> > installer pages?
>
> If CertFirst comes back to us with "clean" training announcements, we
> may accept them again (discussion currently on WWW).  Further, several
> of us have talked to CertFirst more than once; the issues with their
> announcements currently aren't the first time.

ENOUGH! I have had it with this ridiculous round about. The EDB links on
installer pages have been vetted through the web team. Dave made
specific efforts to ensure that they were reasonable.

I for one do not have a problem with the EDB links and frankly my
company is the *one* company which could have the most problem with them
and have a reason to whine. (no disrespect to any other Postgres
company, just being realistic)

*IF* the community builds a team to build a better installer than the
EDB one, we will change the links. Until then, deal.

So, ENOUGH. Policies are great and we have them where they are
*required*, the rest is vetted on a case by case basis due to the
meritocracy.

Let's leave it at that and stop looking like a bunch of in-fighting
teenage girls in the gossip hall.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org