Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 17:49 +1000, Rob Napier wrote:

> You include the name of your company on your emails to this forum.
> That is self promotion. Who is the member of the community, you or
> your company? I am not clear on your objections to commercial ties but
> they seem to be inconsistent.

I'm not against marketing or competition, I am in favour of some
guidelines so that people know what is acceptable and what is not. I
would call this "a level playing field", perhaps the description doesn't
travel well, I'm not sure. ISTM that the alternative is slowly
escalating endemic marketing.

You won't find me pushing the boundaries in marketing terms, but you
will see me following where others have led, once it is clear it is
acceptable to do so.