Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix LOCK TABLE to eliminate the race condition that could make it - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix LOCK TABLE to eliminate the race condition that could make it
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 14:33 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > > If we're going to require cascaded permissions like this, would it make
> > > sense to make GRANT cascade down the inheritance tree also?
> >
> > That's been discussed before.  I forget whether we decided it was a good
> > idea or not, but in any case it looks like a new feature not a bug fix.
>
> Is this a TODO?

Yes.

Whatever was discussed before was prior to the changes to make TRUNCATE
and LOCK TABLE cascade. The cascading will fail without appropriate
permissions, so GRANT should work that way also, now.