Re: Revisiting default_statistics_target - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Revisiting default_statistics_target
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 13:35 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Greg,

> dbt-2 is for OLTP, not for DW.  Greg Smith's comment was actually that
> we shouldn't penalize the OLTP crowd (by raising the value) for the
> benefit of the DW crowd (who need it higher than 100 anyway).

I appear to have completely missed the top part of Greg Smith's original
email. Sorry about that Greg.

We probably need to test this to get some more data points. Of course
that is why we have the performance lab :)

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997