Re: New trigger option of pg_standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: New trigger option of pg_standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 14:15 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Here's another idea: Let's modify xlog.c so that when the server asks
> for WAL file X, and restore_command returns "not found", the server
> will not ask for any WAL files >= X again (in that recovery session).
> Presumably if X doesn't exist, no later files will exist either.

That was proposed and rejected earlier, though not in this context.
Sounds fine to me.

I agree that we should simplify/clarify the file request pattern, which
is the source of many difficulties over last few years.

I would further propose that I take pg_standby out as a module, so we
can more easily support earlier releases.