Re: Patch to fix search_path defencies with pg_bench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Patch to fix search_path defencies with pg_bench
Date
Re: Patch to fix search_path defencies with pg_bench  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 17:42 -0300, Dickson S. Guedes wrote:
> Em Qua, 2009-05-06 às 16:27 -0400, Tom Lane escreveu:
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
> > > I think it would be better that the schema is specified on the command
> > > line.
> >
> > Surely that's more work than the issue is worth.  It's also inconvenient
> > to use, because you'd have to remember to give the switch both for the
> > -i run and the normal test runs.
>
> So, in my opinion, the Joshua alternative is a good little change that
> let "pgbench" runs in a more flexible way.
>
> But, there is the possibility that someone are using an automated script
> that could be broken by this change?

Only if the role pgbench is using as an explicit search_path set.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -