Re: List Message Footer - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: List Message Footer
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 23:54 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > Same here.  The information is already provided; we don't need to
> > duplicate it in the footer.  I'm not impressed by the argument that
> > some folks' mail programs won't dig it out of the headers --- I think
> > it's about as likely that they won't dig a URL out of a standard footer
> > either.
>
> The obvious difference is that headers are normally hidden as
> uninteresting metadata, whereas footers are shown as normal body text.

Right. Which makes it immediately available and immediately usable.
Message headers are not usable in any form right now. Right now they are
"just a key". I am proposing making that key useful. We already have the
infrastructure from the commit fest pages to the archives. By having it
in the body of the message removes a step in reviewing complete threads.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -